Job description / Role
Assurance - OAS - Financial Services - Risk and Prudential - Senior Manager
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working with Risk and Prudential assurance background.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve
their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
- Actively engage in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Design and support implementation of risk methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects supporting transformation
- Keep up to date with current business and economic issues from the region and from across the world
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of advising and developing integrated solutions for risk management function at financial institutions, including the following:
- Asset liability management, liquidity risk management, funding, collateral management and cash and capital management;
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
- Treasury, balance sheet and market risk management including strategy, processes and technology solutions;
- Trading in capital markets together with banking products such as fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
- Global cash and liquidity management, financial management, corporate finance and financial risk management.
- Commercial lending and credit process redesign initiatives, such as streamlining credit approval processes, better aligning deal team execution and delivery to client segmentation schemes, implementing Basel process redesign initiatives, redesigning risk management organization or functional responsibilities, enhancing loan review processes, and/or enhancing loss mitigation/recovery processes;
- Reviewing credit analysis and risk ratings, preparing credit risk management policies including developing and applying commercial credit risk methodologies e.g. obligor and facility risk rating, Basel PD/LGD/EAD models, allowance models, pricing models, etc.;
- Creating and executing design and application of commercial and retail credit risk reporting and analytics in a financial services organization; and,
- Operational risk methodologies and tools (RCSA, KRI, loss database)
- Preparing or reviewing prudential returns such as ICAAP, ILAAP, IRRBB, Pillar III, Large exposures and similar returns along with clear understanding of Basel III and IV requirements.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Economics, Business etc.
- Completed CFA / FRM credentials;
- 10 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.