Job description / Role
Assurance - Other Assurance Services - Operations Manager - One Year Contract
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Playing a key role within OAS in supporting the running of the Business Unit. Coordinating between the members of the Operations team, providing timely, efficient and accurate financial reports, working capital management and forecasting analysis to senior stakeholders. Main point of contact for all financial operations analysis for the OAS Leadership team.
- Leading the iPower Management for OAS Middle East
- Management of the CAA team and personal involvement where no dedicated CAA's in countries on:
- Billings - raising & following up approvals for final zero bills to reduce gross WIP
- Setting up Job Codes - open, edit and terminate job codes. Processing WIP provision/allocation - only when necessary
- Resolve issues for other countries that affect reporting
- Small debt balances to be written off - Liaising and following up with managers or directly to finance for action.
- General point of contact for iPower issues/support if CAA cannot resolve.
- Train/provide iPower guidance to new joiners.
- Lead the period/Month-end reports & tasks
- Chasing time sheets for OAS ME
- Reviewing revenue estimate templates prepared by CAA's pre and post roll over.
- Reviewing templates and reports such as Net Revenue/Net Investment/Debt Aging by Job/WIP aging/Billing and Cash/Job Details.
- Revenue gap analysis
- Preparing revenue gap analysis sheet.
- Reviewing Monthly Wins/Pipeline report
- Lead the preparation of monthly country review packs & calls per country
- WIP & Debt review with Partners
- Debt follow ups with Managers
- Strong financial operations background
- Advance Excel expertise
- Strong communications skills & relationship building
- Reporting & MI experience
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.