Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The key purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the Automatic Train Control (ATC) and BBR System for Dubai Metro.
- Assist the ATC Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on the automatic train control system covering System Management Centre, Vehicle Control Centre, central control, vehicle on-board equipment, lineside equipment and Broad Band Radio Equipment.
- Install, service and repair signalling and train control systems located in operations control centre, Backup OCC, signalling equipment room, station signalling equipment rooms, depot signalling equipment rooms, along trackside and on-board trains.
- Carry out repair and maintenance work with the use of hand, machine, electrical and electronic tools and reference to technical drawings, signalling schematics, manuals, procedures and instructions.
- Replace faulty signalling equipment, handover/taken back to the electronics workshop for repair.
- Knowledge and competence in technical standards will be regularly assessed.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of automatic train control and BBR system and equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Judgement and Decision Making - Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results - Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Makes Decisions - Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Drives to Deliver Through Own Team - Sets challenging goals for both self and team and works to achieve or exceed goals. Shows drive to make a difference to individuals, team and local community.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Sets clear objectives and regularly provides feedback, instruction and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities
- Supports Difference - Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Resilience - Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Should ideally have a vocational trade certificate, diploma or degree in Electronics, Information Technology, Networking, Computer Application, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Must have knowledge of signalling principles, fixed block and moving block signalling systems, software based interlocking devices, point/switch machines, induction and docking loops, cab signalling displays, on-board and wayside signalling equipment, would be a definite advantage.
- Should have minimum 1-year work experience as a qualified Electronics, Information Technology, Networking, Computer Application, Electrical or Mechanical technician in maintaining and repairing computer based control and communication equipment, networking equipment, copper and fibre-optical based cables and interface equipment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.