Job description / Role
DPR2119 - Attraction Supervisor - Bollywood
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colors and flavors at Bollywood Parks, Dubai.
Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity.
With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
Play your part Purpose:
• The main purpose this position exists is to be Responsible for specific attractions supervision within the park, as assigned. Uses analytical skills to ensure that the assigned venues are meeting departmental standards for guest experience, team member satisfaction and financial goals while maintaining the highest safety standards at all times.
• Qualified candidates will be able to supervise the operation of select Attractions within the zone / park; must be willing and able to handle late nights; must be comfortable handling very large and varied audiences.
• Candidates should have strong analytical skills to evaluate and ensure that the assigned venue(s) are meeting departmental standards for guest satisfaction, team member satisfaction, and financial goals while maintaining the highest safety standards at all times.
• Supervises and oversees the daily operation to ensure proper staffing, capacity, efficiencies, crowd control and guest services standards are being met. Performs coverage of a specific attraction or attractions, responsible for overseeing the operation, responds to guest and operational issues, communicates with various operational partners and is the first responder to operational and guest issues.
• Ensures the safety of guests by reviewing and revising safety practices and procedures and documents and responds to potentially unsafe conditions. Coaches and uses counselling forms to document and maintain safe team member actions in accordance with DXBE policy
• Responsible for developing, coaching and counselling Lead and Attraction Attendants. Manages labor budgets for assigned attractions. Monitors, tracks and records overtime and training projections and results. Mitigates overtime by adjusting staffing according to daily attendance projections.
• Analyzes and responds to various reports including but not limited to guest comments, capacity, downtimes, and incident reports.
• Focuses on guest and employee satisfaction. Ensures that each employee is greeting and interacting and assisting guest while maintaining an efficient, safe and pleasant environment. Ensure that GSAT initiatives and programs are in place to keep the workplace fun while increasing overall job satisfaction and efficiency.
• Maintains positive relationships and partners with other departments to ensure that departmental goals are being met while maintaining parks standards. Responsible for maintaining the quality, cleanliness and facility maintenance standards to ensure the assigned venues are "Show Ready" for our guests at all times
• Strong familiarity with safety standards- Escalates incidents (guest, facility, crew, experience) through Incident Reports and follows up on action plan for correction
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DXBE policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Maintains the SQR and GSAT tracker and also works alongside Sr. Supervisor Manager to develop and implement action plan
• Risk Assessment document, developed by management, is periodically (every 6 months) reviewed
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Directly supervises Ride & Show Attendants (numbers vary according to shifts); and Ride & Show Leads (numbers vary according to shifts).
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Communication: Internal Director Park Operations, Attractions Manager, Attractions Supervisors External Entry Operations, Operations Base, Entertainment, Retail, HR and Marketing
Are you a Star?
• College degree.
• Equivalent diploma / training and certification courses in service industry / amusement industry
• First Aid certification / Safety Skills Training
• IAAPA certifications.
• CBI EIAC certification
• 3 years previous as team lead experience in Service / Entertainment / Hospitality industry or 2 years previous experience as Attraction Team Lead or 1 years' experience as attraction supervisor
• Leading a multi-cultural staff.
• Hands on operational experience operating an attraction.
• 2 years supervisory experience at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction.
• Opening of a new business in a supervisory role.
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic and Indian languages an added advantage.
• Excellent Guest and employee services skills.
• Ability to handle conflicts and face difficult situations.
• Proven team leader that works well in a fast paced, hourly goal driven environment.
• Positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
• Adapt to a changing work environment.
• Supervisory position leading staff in the hospitality industry.
• Detail oriented with exceptional documentation/paperwork skills.
• Guest service; interacts in a positive manner and diffuses any negative guest situation following company protocols.
• Pleasant personality with excellent communication skills
• Background in hospitality industry / theme parks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in Arabic and Hindi.
• Work Week- flexible work week to match operating hours and guest demand/ including late hours and weekends
• Available for overtime work as schedule requires
• Business travel will be required
The Best Part of the Story
• We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
• We also care about your career development supported by learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014