Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
In this role you are required to works closely with the Attraction supervisor. Opening and closing of the attractions ensuring safety checks, functional checks and follow up with all concerned departments to maintain the right ride presentation standards w.r.t. the theme, AV, graphics and ride experience. Ability to conduct on the job ride training for ride attendants, refresher training's and conducting written assessment for certification.
Main Duties :
- Opens attraction following all procedures and ensures operational readiness of both attraction and staff - maintains the logs.
- Conducts daily briefings along with (and in absence of) Supervisor; minutes of which are recorded.
- Ensures all show sets and elements are functional and reports any anomalies to Supervisor.
- Checks attraction presentation standards and documents any missing show elements, reporting them to the appropriate department and lets management know of any show critical errors.
- Ensures all staff is in position and are meeting all wardrobe standards and are delivering consistent exemplary guest service at all times.
- Monitors all employee breaks and lunches and documents any lateness, absence, or anomalies.
- Completes daily paperwork and logs all work issues on appropriate forms.
- Monitors queue line to ensure it is open to proper length and free of all hazards, trash and debris.
- Spot checks ride safety procedures are consistently followed and adhered to.
- Responds to all guest situations in attraction, resolves any conflicts and documents for further review with the operations management team.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels at all times and monitors staff rotation.
- Closes attraction at end of day by following all procedures. Finishes all daily paper work and follows all attraction closing protocols. Prepares next day's paperwork.
- Performs on the job training for staff including ride certification, written assessments for staff and on-going refresher training.
- Conducting evacuation drills periodically along with Attractions Supervisor as set by the management. Ensuring team is efficient in evacuation.
- Lead attraction operators during the evacuation activities in case of emergency.
- Replace temporarily the Supervisor when required.
- Constantly monitors the Queue line and Emergence access / route.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria :
- College degree.
- Equivalent diploma / training and certification courses in service industry / amusement industry.
- 3 years previous experience in Service / Entertainment / Hospitality industry.
- Leading a multi-cultural staff.
- Ability to train and motivate team member.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic and Indian languages an added advantage.
- Excellent Guest and employee services skills.
- Ability to handle conflicts and face difficult situations.
- Proven team leader that works well in a fast paced, hourly goal driven environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Adapt to a changing work environment.
- Guest service; interacts in a positive manner and diffuses any negative guest situation following company protocols.
- Pleasant personality with excellent communication skills.
- Safety skills training / certification.
- IAAPA certifications.
- 2 years' experience at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction.
- 1 year of ride operating experience.
- Attention to safety.
- Background in hospitality industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and Hindi.
- Confident, Fun loving and cheerful.
- Work Week- flexible work week to match operating hours and guest demand/ including late hours and weekends.
- Available for extended work hours as per operational demand.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benfits package which includes; housing allowance , annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long term future in the company
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|