Job description / Role
• Counsel and instruct clients in techniques to improve hearing or speech impairment.
• Evaluate hearing and speech/language disorders to determine diagnoses and courses of treatment.
• Fit and dispense assistive devices, such as hearing aids.
• Maintain client records at all stages, including initial evaluation and discharge.
• Monitor clients' progress and discharge them from treatment when goals have been attained.
• Plan and conduct treatment programs for clients' hearing or speech problems, consulting with physicians, nurses, psychologists, and other health care personnel as necessary.
• Recommend assistive devices according to clients' needs or nature of impairments. • Refer clients to additional medical or educational services if needed.
• Advise educators or other medical staff on speech or hearing topics.
• Conduct or direct research on hearing or speech topics and report findings to help in the development of procedures, technology, or treatments.
• Develop and supervise hearing screening programs.
• Educate and supervise audiology students and health care personnel. • Fit and tune cochlear implants, providing rehabilitation for adjustment to listening with implant amplification systems.
• Instruct clients, parents, teachers, or employers in how to avoid behavior patterns that lead to miscommunication.
• Participate in conferences or training to update or share knowledge of new hearing or speech disorder treatment methods or technologies.
• Measure noise levels in workplaces and conduct hearing protection programs in industry, schools, and communities.
• Work with multi-disciplinary teams to assess and rehabilitate recipients of implanted hearing devices.
Education & Experience:
• BSc in Audiology is a must.
• Diploma in post graduate will be preferred.
• 3-5 years experience in similar position and in a hospital set up will be preferred.
• Strong communication skills are required.
• Must be a computer literate.
• MOH license/Evaluation letter is a must.
• Fluent in English is required. Arabic is preferred.
Aster DM Healthcare Limited is one of the largest private healthcare service providers operating in multiple GCC states and is an emerging healthcare player in India. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, we are one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary healthcare through our hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. We have over 20,000 plus dedicated employees across the geographies that we are present in, delivering a simple yet strong promise to our different stakeholders: "We'll treat you well." We reach out to all economic segments in the GCC countries through our differentiated healthcare services across the "Aster", "Medcare" and "Access" brands.
For more details please visit our website https://www.asterdmhealthcare.com/
Medcare Hospitals and Medical Centres (Medcare), the premium healthcare division of Aster DM Healthcare, is one of the pioneering healthcare providers in the region.
With a focus on delivering a patient-centric journey as well as encouraging clinical excellence and state-of-the-art care, Medcare operates three multi-specialty hospitals including Medcare Hospital Safa Park Dubai, Medcare Hospital Sharjah and Medcare Women and Children Hospital in Dubai and one specialty hospital Medcare Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital. In addition, it has three specialty centres and 12 multi-specialty centres in key locations across Dubai and Sharjah.
With a team of 350+ qualified healthcare professionals, Medcare promotes and supports the highest standards in preventive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare.
About the Company
From a single medical centre to a performance-driven healthcare enterprise spread across more than 366 medical establishments, including 27 hospitals, 115 clinics and 223 pharmacies in 7 countries and growing, Aster DM Healthcare has transitioned into being the leading healthcare authority across the Middle East and India.
Currently one of the largest and fastest growing conglomerates in the MENA region, Aster DM Healthcare covers the full spectrum of healthcare services. An expansive portfolio includes hospitals and clinics, pharmacies, diagnostic centres, educational institutions, healthcare management and healthcare support systems.
Headquartered in Dubai, the Aster DM network now encompasses more than 19,657 employees( Doctors, Nurses, Others) with JCI accredited clinics and diagnostic centres.
Never content to rest on its laurels, Aster DM Healthcare is constantly seeking opportunities to set new yardsticks with advanced developments. With many more innovative and ambitious initiatives, Aster DM Healthcare has radically catalyzed the healthcare revolution across Middle East & India.
Each of the Group’s verticals is a symbol of distinction, driven by the commitment to build a healthier tomorrow and to take healthcare to the next level of excellence.