Job description / Role
• Prepare and develop quarterly and yearly risk based audit plan for the entities under the assigned portfolio.
• Manage and monitor audit team to achieve approved audit plan and department objectives.
• Assist in performing periodic enterprise and business process risk assessments to help ensure key business risks are properly identified and mitigated by management.
• Manage the delivery of financial audits by understanding entities’ objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identify risk areas; review audit scope and objectives; and review audit programs etc.
• Review, monitor and assess the work of audit staff, prepare performance appraisals for the audit staff after each assignment.
• Review working papers prepared by audit team, conducting detailed review of audit work performed by the IA Staff to ensure compliance with audit manual and that all audit findings and issues are properly documented, communicated and agreed upon with process owners.
• Review and amend the audit report prepared by audit team.
• Prepare weekly time sheet and review of audit staff time sheets
• Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• Ensure that audit team conducted in compliance with the audit plan, audit manual and professional auditing standards in order to provide management with insights into areas of risk that are not adequately controlled and identify opportunities for process and control improvement.
• Discuss findings with auditees /process owners to achieve agreement and understand their concerns on corrective actions.
• Conduct performance appraisal for the audit team.
• Carry out follow up reviews to assess the status of implementation of the management action plans and ensure the continuation of such follow up till satisfactory results are achieved.
• Where applicable/as requested, examine and professionally investigate various functions at various entities and interview relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate recording of issues and/or transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Adhoc work on firm wide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Perform quality assurances of teammate projects to appraise and ensure adequate evidentiary data was obtained in forming an audit opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and efficiency of operations consistent with Department and IIA standards and approved Audit Charter.
• Identifies and establishes specific auditable areas by identifying key business areas, key functional areas across the organization, key risk areas and technology systems which support the operations.
• Ensures the development and implementation of relevant audit programmes, tools and methodology.
• Ensures adherence to applicable quality standards during internal audits and reporting.
• Ensure compliance with the IIA standards, Code of Ethics and Companies policies and procedures.
• Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
• 8 -12 years of relevant work experience
• Experience of the entire audit process for Groups of Entities
• Understanding of IFRS and IAS
• Detailed adequate understanding and knowledge of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
• Understanding of Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) procedures
• Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Experience in the field of operational risk analysis of money laundering and combating financing of terrorism from an international, regional and local perspective
• Excellent leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
• Strong technical auditing background
• Self-starter with experience of managing projects and processes to tight deadlines
• Very strong communication skills, ability to develop good working relationships, adept at working individually and as part of a cohesive team
• Maintain independence (in substance and form) from operational decisions.
• Strong analytical and professional skepticism.
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in application of audit management software (ACL, Excel, Teammate etc.) Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Assistant Finance Manager
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Irwin & Dow
Quest Search & Selection