Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
EY is looking for Senior to support our Audit team and help our clients meet their requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
• As a member of the Audit team, you'll manage the delivery of audit engagements and internal projects, specific to the banking sector.
• You'll also assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders.
• Actively establishing internal and external relationships and identifying and escalating potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young on existing engagements will also be essential.
• With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate.
• You'll confirm that the work delivered to clients is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
Alongside client work, you’ll develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff, conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff and contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training of Assurance professionals. Maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff is paramount as is understanding and driving workplace policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes for success
• Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
• Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
• This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
• Approximately five years' of related work experience preferably in banking sector
• Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques
• Experience of the entire audit process
• Understanding of IFRS and local GAAP
• Detailed understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
• Understanding of Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) procedures
• Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Ideally you’ll also have
• Industry related certification (e.g., CPA/CA, CMA, CIA) is preferred
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• Proficiency in Arabic language skills
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region