Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
To manage and undertake an independent assessment of the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures in order to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Undertake reviews, as directed, in order to assess the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures, highlighting areas of concern.
- Plan and organise reviews in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan and agree audit scope and terms of reference to ensure they are carried out effectively and within the timescales allocated, keeping management informed of their progress and findings.
- Performing fieldwork and involved in the overall effectiveness assessment of controls.
- Produce draft issues/findings for Senior Audit Manager or Head of Audit's review and present to business' management detailing the findings of reviews in order to agree factual accuracy and make generic recommendations for improvements to the management and control of risk.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process and provide advice and guidance as required, whilst promoting best practice.
- Confirm that outstanding issues identified during reviews are followed up and resolved to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with management, colleagues and relevant external parties to discuss current and future issues and ensure their requirements and concerns are addressed.
- Support management in understanding and accepting where corrective actions need to be taken in order to protect the Bank.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with internal stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank's policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing actions to protect the Bank's business at all times.
- Recommend changes to policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
- Manage, motivate and develop team members as required, so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business.
Qualifications and Education
- ACA or Other Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Must be a graduate
- 3 + years' experience in external or internal audit
- Prior retail banking experience and finance
- Good understanding of banking concepts, products and procedures
- Good knowledge of Banking regulations
- Good knowledge of retail and finance processes
- Strong command of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Internal Audit experience
- Strong verbal communication
- Strong written communication (such as report writing)
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.