Job description / Role
We are one of the leading Auditing and Accounting firms in UAE and require an Auditor for our operations in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate will be a qualified / semi qualified CA/CPA/CMA/ACCA/CIA with at least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in Audit Firms.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Conducting Control evaluation and risk assessment to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the client organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively;
- Preparing Audit Plan based on risk assessment including tasks, assignments and timelines for completion for each task and main activities, and reporting results of audit;
- Preparing special reports when asked for by the management on various aspects of financial management, including asset management and security, financial reporting, decision support systems and management Information systems;
- Facilitating and undertaking periodic reviews and annual audit of financial transactions as per the country rules and regulations
- Assisting the management in drafting replies for all audit reports, to be submitted to Client Organization
- Specifying internal checks including pre-audit checks, adherence to policies procedures and compliance with rules, laws and regulations to ensure that payments are made in accordance with the stipulated guidelines of the government and donor agencies
- Ensuring that systems exist for generation of accurate and reliable financial and other information;
- Conducting any other related task that may be assigned by the management.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires
- Proficient in Risk Based Audit methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues & clients at all levels
- A proven track record of establishing & maintaining strong relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving & delivering client solutions
- Proficient in creating reports / documents to support observations and analysis
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills & experience of working on large group audits.
- Grounding in International Accounting Standards- UK GAAP / IFRS would be an advantage.
- Should be proficient in English, both written and spoken.
About the Company
HLB Hamt is an international, independent and integrated organisation specialising in audit, accounting, payroll services, incorporation services, business consultancy and many more. Established in U.A.E in the year 1999,and with seven offices across UAE – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, SAIF Zone, Jebel Ali, Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone, HLB Hamt offers a sophisticated array of services with the personal attention of experienced professionals.