Job description / Role
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Over half (57%) of the company's footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall's, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is our blueprint for achieving our vision to double the size of the business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact. The Plan sets stretching targets to achieve by 2020 and includes how we source raw materials and how consumers use our brands. The scale of our ambition means that we are finding new ways to partner with others in business, government and society.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That's why our purpose is 'to make sustainable living commonplace'.
Department : Technical
Job Position : Automation Electrician
Working hours : 12
Reports to : Technical Manager
Location : Lipton Factory, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E
Main purpose of the role:
- Possess multiple skills in the areas of fluid power, manufacturing processes, electricity, electronics, and mechanical systems
- Interpersonal skills to lead and communicate with peers
- Ability to be cool when working under pressure
- Possess a deep understanding of Ethernet communication, Control Logic and Programmable Logic Control (PLC). Mainly Siemens S5 AND S7 Series.
- Demonstrate knowledge concerning general safety protocol and procedures regarding field operations
- Possess broad-based knowledge in order to successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems that relate to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.
- Electro-mechanical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge in the areas of computers and electronics which relates to circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer software and hardware
- Knowledge relating to the practical application in the areas of interpreting science and technology; ability to apply relevant principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the design and production of goods and services
- Mechanical knowledge concerning machines and tools. It includes design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of mathematics as it relates to arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their various applications
- Understanding troubleshooting in determining the causes of operating errors and knowing what to do spontaneously
- Critical thinking ability which requires using logic and reasoning in order to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems in both technical and non-technical areas
- Ability to properly read, understand, and interpret written sentences and paragraphs relating to work documents
- Ability to put pieces of information together in order to form general rules and conclusions.
- Adhere to safety standards all the time
- Assist in performing analysis on all projects
- Undertake emergency troubleshooting on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment to determine problems associated with the machines
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment so as to ensure that equipment and processes run very smoothly
- Provide technical assistance and support regarding all projects, installations, and repairs
- Maintain smooth communication with different levels of departments and peers
- Ensure the use of a digital dashboard for thorough analysis and fault reviews
- Conduct investigations; recommend changes and upgrades to equipment
- Upgrade hardware and software for improved process control
- Communicate findings, upgrades, and troubleshooting to colleagues and management through the e-mail, texts, and voice calls
- Prepare periodic reports on the progress made concerning faulty machines, errors, and processes
- Ensure the calibration of all machines and maintenance after calibration
- Provide regular system operation training on automated systems
- Take care of installation, maintenance, and inspection of control systems and workstation installations at the facility
- Coordinate other workers in order to achieve departmental goals
- Provide technical monitoring for other automation technicians and engineers both on-site and off-site
- Assist in the specification, installation, and modifications of the systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Diploma or Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, robotics, or a closely related technical field
- Basic knowledge in MS office/SAP
- Experience in a production environment, particularly as it relates to automation technology
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and communication skills
- Awareness of all the general safety protocols to be followed in a Factory.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Nestle Middle East
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer
Automation Electronics Engineer
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Aug|