Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
- Possess multiple skills in the areas of fluid power, manufacturing processes, electricity, electronics and mechanical systems
- Interpersonal skills to lead and communicate with peers
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Possess a deep understanding of Ethernet communication, Control Logic and Programmable Logic Control (PLC). Mainly Siemens S5 AND S7 Series.
- Demonstrate knowledge concerning general safety protocol and procedures regarding field operations
- Possess broad-based knowledge in order to successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems that relate to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.
- Electro-mechanical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge in the areas of computers and electronics which relates to circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer software and hardware
- Knowledge relating to the practical application in the areas of interpreting science and technology; ability to apply relevant principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the design and production of goods and services
- Mechanical knowledge concerning machines and tools. It includes design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of mathematics as it relates to arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their various applications
- Understanding troubleshooting in determining the causes of operating errors and knowing what to do spontaneously
- Critical thinking ability which requires using logic and reasoning in order to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems in both technical and non-technical areas
- Ability to properly read, understand, and interpret written sentences and paragraphs relating to work documents
- Ability to put pieces of information together in order to form general rules and conclusions.
- Knowledge of C#/Python will be a plus
- Experience of working with Power BI, App Development and any Cloud Systems will be a plus
- Demonstration of a detailed project related to any field of Data Science will be a plus
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to safety standards all the time
- Assist in performing analysis on all projects
- Undertake emergency troubleshooting on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment to determine problems associated with the machines
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment so as to ensure that equipment and processes run very smoothly
- Provide technical assistance and support regarding all projects, installations, and repairs
- Maintain smooth communication with different departments and peers
- Ensure the use of a digital dashboard for thorough analysis and fault reviews
- Conduct investigations; recommend changes and upgrades to equipment
- Upgrade hardware and software for improved process control
- Prepare periodic reports on the progress made concerning faulty machines, errors, and processes
- Provide regular system operation training on automated systems
- Take care of installation, maintenance, and inspection of control systems and workstation installations at the facility
- Coordinate other workers in order to achieve departmental goals
- Provide technical monitoring for other automation technicians
- Assist in the specification, installation, and modifications of the systems
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or Robotics Engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Preferably 2 years experience in a production environment, particularly automation technology
- Basic knowledge in MS office/SAP
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and communication skills
- Awareness of all the general safety protocols to be followed in a Factory.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Industrial Maintenance Engineer
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||3 Feb|
Quality Process Engineer
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|