Job description / Role
A Leading Retail Bank in Dubai is looking to hire a Sr. Technology Analyst who will take full responsibility and accountability for the solutions architectures, implementation, technical delivery of the core infrastructure, network, security and technology component such as different flavors of servers environment (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, VMWARE, etc), Storage, backup, Database (Oracle, Sybase & MS SQL), middlewares (Web logic, Web sphere), routing, switching, firewalls, IPS, Web Firewalls, load balancers, connectivity, LAN/ WAN, wireless, voice/ video and unified communication solutions. The Infra DA. ensures the quality, performance, security and standards compliance, availability, best practice and documentation (FSD and TSD) are produced and met as per the defined requirements before moving the technology solutions into production. That includes the coordination with the internal and external stakeholders in order to present the solution architectures.
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of multi-discipline subject matter experts
• Lead the team of Solution Architects to develop and deploy IT infrastructure solutions and related technologies to improve service performance, availability and achieve the Group IT strategy whilst driving tangible business benefit and ROI
• Leverage ITIL framework expertise to drive effective and structured capacity, performance and compliance management
• Maintain effective relationships with key technology partners.
• Leverage these relationships to drive best practice and compliance
• Maintain effective relationship with key technology, operation, and business units.
• Develop a strategy supported by detailed roadmaps intended to drive improvement and innovation specific to core IT infrastructure.
• Utilize strategic technology partnerships and organizational expertise to position IT infrastructure as a key contributor to the wider organizations strategy and roadmap development with a view to supporting strategic business objectives.
• Deliver ongoing strategy refinements through an evolving understanding of market trend and industry best practice.
• Ensure ongoing alignment between IT infrastructure and business stakeholders specific to roadmap and strategy.
• Manage stakeholder relationships in alignment with the Demand Manager role
• Ensure processes exist to govern ongoing review and improvement for the architecture, solutions produced and technology life-cycle
• IT-based degree, university degree, or equivalent work experience required
• 10+ years in IT core Infrastructure within an organization of more than 4000 users with at least 4 years of experience in banking
• 3 years in designs and architecture roles
• Must have good hands-on server’s infrastructure, storage, Database and implementation experience covers virtualization, clustering, replications, data recovery/ protections, consolidation, middlewares and performance tuning
• Experienced with IBM AIX, Oracle Solaris, Microsoft environment, EMC Storage, Oracle Database and SQL Database
• Must have good hands-on Networking, voice and network security solutions and implementation experience covers Firewall, IPS, Proxy, applications Firewalls, routing, switching, virtual private and remote access networking.
• Experienced with Checkpoint, Palo Alto, F5, Bluecoat, Symantec, Cisco and Avaya
• Establish respect of both, team members and external vendors from technical and management perspective
• Ability to inspire confidence in User representative
• Technology integration and solutions designs
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Must have any professional certification such as ITIL, PRINCE2, related industry certifications in infrastructure technologies such as virtualization, Oracle, Microsoft, EMC and IBM
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Manager - IT Systems
Majid Al Futtaim Retail
AVP Platform Owner – Core Banking, Loan Management & RB
NSI & Bluefin Talent
IT Project Manager
Financial Analyst - Pricing & Policy