Job description / Role
• Responsible for designing, managing and evaluating the awareness campaigns and community programs, as well as training and development programs for awareness and communication employees in the committee, ambassadors, community motivators and volunteers who work with the outreach and communication team; In order to motivate the community to see the committee and its mission.
Main responsibilities: Administrative / supervisory role
• Participate in developing and implementing awareness- increasing plans and campaigns for the committee, and coordinate with partners from in and outside the committee to achieve the goals of these campaigns.
• Planning and organizing the public programs that are organized within the activities of the committee, in a way that reflects the objectives and strategy of the committee and contributes to achieving effective participation of the audience.
• Plan programs that suits each targeted group.
• Managing the developing the evaluation tools and processes to measure the impact of the awareness campaigns and programs on the committee.
• Managing volunteer programs in the committee’s activities, as well as organizing a database of volunteers, and their participation in events. Organizing specialized training for volunteers to increase their awareness of the values of the committee, and of the elements of culture and heritage.
• Managing or organizing continuous technical training and personal development classes for the Awareness and Outreach section employees who are specifically doing outreach work.
• Organizing specialized training for teachers, university’s professors, and the various groups that the committee deals with to raise awareness around the heritage elements and the objectives of the committee.
• Adopting various forms of training such as training at workplace, train the trainer training, classroom training, and e-learning, which may include interactive, Internet-based training, multimedia programs, videos, and other computer-aided education techniques, simulators, conferences, and workshops.
• Managing the development of evaluation tools to measure the performance of community ambassadors and the success of their work when they start their activities in the community.
• Managing orientation sessions and organizing field training for new community ambassadors who play the role of catalysts in the community.
• Managing and directing the unit's employees in carrying out the tasks assigned to them.
• Design and supervise the implementation of specialized awareness campaigns to raise awareness of the issues that concern the committee, and the values it represents, in accordance with the annual plan for communication, and in a way that achieves the committee strategic goals.
• Plan, develop and train awareness programs for staff and community ambassadors, using knowledge to effectively use methods such as classroom training, presentations, field exercises, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
• Submit reports to Senior Management on the progress of Community Ambassadors.
• Evaluate the performance of volunteers and ambassadors, and the effectiveness of awareness training programs, and issue recommendations for improvements.
• Consultation with the Head of the Awareness and Outreach section and conducting surveys to determine awareness requirements based on planned motivational campaigns and plans prepared for community ambassadors.
• Analyzing awareness requirements in order to develop new training programs or modifying existing programs and making improvements to them.
• Developing and organizing training materials, multimedia visual materials, and other motivational training materials in relation to the committee's vision, mission, values and goals as well as its portfolio, all its initiatives and key strategic messages, as well as overall training on Emirati culture, heritage and history.
• Training of trainers and their assistants on techniques and skills used in training employees and community ambassadors.
• Preparing the budget allocated for awareness and submitting it to the Head of the Awareness and Outreach section.
• Carrying out any other tasks assigned by the Head Section or the Department Director.
• Working Hours: 8
AED 34,400 to 34,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The field of knowledge and perusal
• The field of knowledge and perusal.
• Training programs and manuals.
• Be flexible and ready to adapt with the actions of others and their reactions in the training environment.
• An ability to motivate, develop, and guide people in what they learn and work.
• Good time management and ability to effectively schedule various training plans and to manage requirements for training activities and plans that can be synchronized in the awareness and outreach section.
• Have a working knowledge of multiple training techniques and the ability to choose appropriate training / education methods and procedures for each situation and for each trainee when teaching new materials.
• Possess knowledge of evaluating trainers, training departments, and trainees in order to make improvements or take corrective measures as and when necessary.
• Good ability to communicate and speak with others in order to convey information effectively within a training program.
Required academic qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in the same field or related field.
About the Company
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi regulates, develops and promotes the emirate of Abu Dhabi as an extraordinary global destination, rich in cultural authenticity, diverse natural offerings, world-class hospitality and unparalleled leisure and entertainment attractions for every type of traveller.
Fully aligned with the core tenets of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and the Abu Dhabi Plan, DCT Abu Dhabi contributes to the nation’s economic diversification, working closely with stakeholders and partners to market Abu Dhabi both locally and internationally.
In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, we are able to nurture and cultivate a community that recognises, respects and preserves local heritage and values, attract national and international investment in our key tourism segments, increase visitation metrics to the emirate and also stimulate growth by building an appealing yet distinctive tourism and cultural destination.
As the organisation tasked with tourism regulation as well as cultural and heritage preservation, our goals are to implement a holistic tourism strategy that benefits visitors and residents alike.