Job description / Role
Our client is one of the leading rental and sales companies of aerial work platforms. As a specialist in working at height, they have strong experience in providing the most advanced solutions for a wide range of industries, to increase efficiency for high quality equipment and service delivered on time to any site you desire. We are urgently looking for an AWP Technician to join their team
Under direction, repairs/installs and maintains Aerial Work Platform equipment in a safe and professional manner, including DC electrical systems, hydraulic systems, & associated equipment, as well as mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and sub-assemblies, by performing the duties listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures.
• Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
• Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of Aerial Work Platforms and associated equipment, which utilize mechanical, diesel, electrical and electronic systems.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
• Lubricates and cleans parts
• Repairs or replaces defective parts and components.
• Starts / operates devices to test their performance
• Sets up and operates repair equipment and repair parts according to instruction & procedure
• Reads, follows, understands oral and written instructions.
• Issue “Field Service Reports” and “Service work orders” on maintenance tasks and faults, and the parts, labor and time taken to complete the task.
• Maintain service vehicle in a clean & professional manner
• Operates equipment, demonstrate and familiarize customers when necessary.
• Understand basic principles of various systems and components installed on AWP’s.
• Conduct First check and final inspection of AWP’s in accordance with TMW guidelines.
• Perform basic equipment repair and maintenance of machines at the customer site / in workshop and ensure proper operating efficiency.
• Use of basic testing and adjusting tool kits for the repair and servicing of machines.
• Strip, clean and inspect equipment components, identify faulty parts, rebuild/replace defective parts to restore machine functions.
• Periodic safety, operation and maintenance inspection of machines at various sites.
Details of more specific additional duties: (Including but not limited to:)
• Applying approved methods of work & repair practices. Alternative methods will be considered after consultation. An example of approved procedures for the maintenance and repair of equipment is the “Service Work Order”.
• All Technicians involved in “On site servicing” & “Breakdowns”, must adopt & use the approved procedure only. Examples of some of these procedures are; the correct use & completion of “Field Service Reports”, correct phone procedure, & the polite communication with clients at all times.
• Any parts replaced must be recorded on the approved “service work order” or “Field Service Reports”.
• All parts that are replaced under warranty must have the appropriate paperwork completed as soon as the part has been used. (Determination of warranty status can be obtained from the Workshop Manager).
• All tools used must be operated in the manner for which they were designed; looked after and returned to their correct location at the end of the working day.
• All work practices must be safe. Applicable “Personal Protective Equipment”, such as Safety glasses & hearing protection, must be used at all times where applicable.
• Certificate in engineering/ 3-5 years experience maintaining and/or repairing Aerial Work Platforms & associated equipment.
• Candidates with 1-2 years of experience will also be considered but as trainee technician / junior technician for the time being and will progress as skills and experiences are honed and developed
• Manufacturers training on AWP repair / maintenance.
• Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of an additional language is an asset.
• Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
• Valid UAE driving license.
• IPAF certification.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.