Job description / Role
Kalimat Group is looking for an excellent back-end developer to join the technical team to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications and back-end systems.
• As a Back-end Developer, you will be responsible for building, and maintaining a high quality back-end system with the help of our team.
• You should have a broad knowledge and 5+ years’ experience of back-end system programming, and server technologies to build high quality, reliable and innovative solutions in an agile environment.
• Support the entire development lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support) with the Team.
• Develop and write a clean, bug- free, well-organized, well-documented and sustainable code.
• Excellent skills in deployment, troubleshooting, debugging and optimizing performance.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management skills, and meeting challenging deadlines.
• Excellent communication and team work skills.
• Deliver features and functionalities on time and to specifications, meeting the product requirements.
• Collaborate with the front-end developers and app developers to design functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
• Excellent experience with agile development process.
• Engage in regular code reviews with the Team to analyze, and improve the system code.
• Adapt to updates and latest technology trends.
• BSc degree in Computer Science.
• 5+ years of experience with programming languages like PHP, Java, Ruby, and Python.
• Excellent experience in Cloud providers: AWS, Firebase, and AZURE.
• Excellent experience with CMS framework.
• Writing web services and APIs.
• In-depth understanding of web development and server-side application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
• Demonstrable portfolio of published websites, and applications.
• Demonstrable portfolio of published websites, and applications in Education is a plus.
• Excellent understanding of responsive design, design patterns, UI and UX is a plus.
• Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
About the Company
Kalimat is dedicated to publishing Arabic children books. With a portfolio of internationally acclaimed authors and illustrators, Kalimat has an extensive range of books highlighting traditional Arabic culture alongside the modern challenges faced by today’s children.
Kalimat has grown rapidly and has already produced over 175 quality Arabic children’s titles, many of which have received Arab, local and international recognition and many were translated to different languages. Since it was established in 2007, Kalimat has received numerous awards, such as the Arabi 21 award from the Arabi Thoughts Foundation in 2012, and was shortlisted for the best publisher of the year – Asia 2013, 2014 and 2015 at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, and for the International Excellence