Job description / Role
- A backhoe operator drives and manipulates the bucket of a backhoe to dig and move dirt, sand, gravel or a combination of these materials.
- He may also operate similar earth-moving or construction equipment as part of his job or have expertise exclusive to backhoes.
- As a backhoe operator, understanding how the machine operates is extremely important.
- This includes opening and closing the bucket, raising and lowering the boom, and digging, lifting and dumping dirt.
- Additionally, the operator must understand how to drive the backhoe both forward and backward and how to use the stabilizers to prevent machine movement while digging
- The candidate requires a commercial driver's license (CDL) in order to drive their backhoes from site to site
- Operations & Leasing Manager
- Permanent position
- Requires backhoe operators to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Property safety precautions protect the operator, other employees and the machinery.
Nature and length of previous experience:
- Minimum 2 Years experience in the past as Backhoe Operator
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Operating the machine is half of the work for a backhoe operator.
- The other half involves maintaining the equipment and performing safety checks each time you operate it.
- General maintenance includes checking and changing the belts fluids, such as oil and hydraulic fluid.
- Cleaning dirt and grease from the moving and non-moving parts is also necessary to keep the machine running properly.
- Replace any broken or worn parts before operating the backhoe.
About the Company
The Ziad Galadari Group is one of the UAE’s largest and most respected privately owned companies. Strong leadership and sustainable funding has allowed it to grow into one of the largest investment, trading, transporting, engineering, real estate and catering conglomerates in the UAE. With headquarters in Dubai, it now has more diverse operations in industrial and business fields than almost any other similar group in the region.
The family name has been a fixture in the UAE business community since the 1960’s but it has been Ziad Galadari who has developed his group the furthest, currently diversifying into 32 major companies, some of which rank among the largest and most active in the region.