Backend Developer (Node.js)
Job description / Role
We are a new tech startup based out of Dubai Business Bay focused on building state-of-art products for the construction industry. We are building a new team of talented and highly skilled developers & software engineers, designers, and data scientists.
Our principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum, and Kanban.
We are looking for a Backend Node.js Developer who is passionate about design, architecture, and programming. Responsibilities include implementing business logic and developing APIs and services as well as enhancing existing applications. In this role, you work closely with the Head of Product & Software Development and your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. If you are also passionate about Node.js and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
• Develop clean, modular, and reusable code
• Develop and maintain secure RESTful APIs.
• Communicate effectively across desks, teams, and departments
• Participate in agile development processes in SDLC, including sprint planning, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions
• Design and develop microservices using Node.js.
• Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
• Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
• Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
• Integration of data storage solutions.
• Provide development task effort estimates.
• Follow defined development best practices including commenting and documenting code, contributing to development wikis, and using source control.
Skills And Qualifications:
• Experience with server-side templating languages
• Experience with Express.js and other frameworks.
• Experience consuming and building robust, SOAP and RESTful APIs
• Experience with Relational Databases like MongoDB, MySQL
• Familiarity with code versioning tools (GitHub, Code Commit)
• Exceptional problem-solving and ability to work independently
• Exceptional learning skills
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Experience with AWS Developer Tools
• Fluency in both oral and written English
• Experience with Swagger is a plus
• Experience with frontend frameworks such as React is a plus
About the Company
MJN Consult Arabia is a boutique investment house based in Dubai, UAE. The firm is involved in a number of projects around the world covering many industries. Current projects involve, a Finance company in Abu Dhabi, a hospitality business in Dubai, a Manufacturing unit in Ras Al Khaimah and a number of other project in Asia and Europe. Consult Arabia believes in creating a work atmosphere that allows its employees to grow, prosper and develop a highly satisfying career path. The company rewards its employees based on merits and ensuring that they are compensated in a fair and competitive manner.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Junior Software Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Full Stack Developer
Software Development Engineer
Senior Front End Developer