Job description / Role
• As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of our core engineering team who is building one of the largest Big Data analytics systems in the world.
• Writing code to process billions of data records daily from heterogeneous sources.
• A critical thinker, you will apply your software engineering skills to solve real life Big Data problems.
Who you are
• You deploy ETL solutions to work on clusters with hundreds of nodes, storing petabytes of data.
• You are a Team-Player, collaborating with Product Managers, Architects, and Software Engineers to research, design, and improve core Big Data analytics functionalities along with implementing features in the area of ingestion, enrichment, search, and analytics.
• You participate in all phases of the development process - analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation in Agile development lifecycles.
• You are detailed, maintaining technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
• You are a promoter of best practices striving for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
• You favor automation over repetition.
• You transform ambiguity into clarity.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
What you'll need
• Bachelor's Degree or higher with a Minimum of 7 years of experience working on Big Data technologies; Master's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience are preferred.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software engineering best practices.
• Extensive experience in JAVA and Spring.
• Extensive experience designing and developing Microservices / Microservices architecture.
• Experience with Neo4j, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
• Experience with the TDD methodology and Java testing frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
• Experience with Big Data solutions such as Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, and Kafka.
• Experience with Git as a version control system.
• At least 5 years working experience using an Agile, Scrum-based, development process.
Bonus if you have
• Experience with a Cloud stack.
• Telecom and/or government data management experience
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).