Job description / Role
Banking & Finance Transactions Lawyer - Manager, EY Law LLP, Dubai
In today's ever-changing and interconnected world, organizations working across borders require access to constant, effective, and accurate legal advice to ensure both ethical and business compliance throughout their operations. Our globally recognized EY Law service line does exactly that and more with over 2000 lawyers covering more than 83 jurisdictions, allowing us to deliver exceptional legal advice to our clients and resolve complex business challenges for a better working world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our EY Law practice based in Dubai , United Arab Emirates as a Banking & Finance Transactions Lawyer at the Manager level.
You can expect to be involved in a multitude of complex transactions related to the banking and finance sector across multiple countries within the Middle East, helping our clients deal with the evolution of their business and providing them with valuable advice on how to run and sustain their activities with respect to laws, regulations, and market conditions both locally and abroad.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning to support your growth as a law professional and extend that same development to others within your team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will spend your time managing the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding legal projects within the banking and finance sectors.
- This will require you to have a working knowledge of the industry both locally and globally and be able to explain and sustain an average business conversation on how the industry operates, its current trends, and legal or regulatory hot topics. In doing so, you will also build and maintain new and existing client relationships both internally and externally.
Finally, you will also help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring of other members of your team while simultaneously adhering to EY's protocols and policies for client engagements and interactions.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- We are looking for someone who will create a distinctive and differentiated law brand with us.
- This role is best suited for law professionals who have worked in established law firms, and who wish to develop their career with this greenfield opportunity by being part of a growing team looking to create a new and successful legal practice.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience as a qualified lawyer from a reputable legal practice environment in the UAE.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills with regards to laws and regulations within the banking & finance industry in the UAE and the MENA region, in addition to common global jurisdictions such as the UK, EU, and US.
- Good working knowledge of the banking & finance industry, its business trends, industry jargon, and how its entities function and operate (e.g commercial banks, investment banks, investment funds, etc).
- Good knowledge of, and can make quick references to, corporate and insolvency law in a banking & finance environment.
- Solid awareness of the documentary structure of ordinary transactions and familiarity with the structure of typical legal deliverables (e.g., executive summary, legal issues memorandum, legal opinion).
- Strong client relationship-building capabilities combined with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Excellent understanding of local laws and regulations within the banking & finance industry and the ability to navigate them.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, self-management, negotiation, and project management skills.
- The ability to create, sustain, and lead effective work teams.
Ideally, you also have:
- The ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically .
- An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach to work and challenges.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Keenness to continue developing your legal skills and engaging in new areas of work.
- Experience in coaching and developing more junior staff.
What Working at EY Offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance . We also offer you world-class support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry along with numerous opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
Finally, as an inclusive employer, we offer you the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you, and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region