Job description / Role
We are looking for an energetic and organized Banquet Manager who will handle the hotel's banquet operations and can create a "magnifique" event.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate details of a contract with the events team and the head chef.
- Plan the venue layout according to the number of guests and type of event.
- Determine the number of waiters and servers required for an event.
- Supervise the placement of tables, chairs, table settings, and serving stations to make sure they are placed properly.
- Consult with the head chef to discuss the timing of the meal courses being served.
- Oversee the seating of guests, serving of meals and beverages, and the quick clearing of tables.
- Prepare work schedules and complete documentation on time.
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in banquet management in 5 star luxury hotels
- Ability to plan banquets, manage budgets and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge and experience with catering equipment and venue requirements
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in the hospitality industry
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized and strong planning abilities in a fast paced environment.
- Must have extensive experience in managing large dining events, delivering services that meet a customer's budget, and provide excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.