Job description / Role
The iconic Queen Elizabeth II (QE2) is a historic gem and the only floating hotel in Dubai. The hotel features 447 distinctive rooms. A one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in history where the past is relived in the luxury of today. Guest experience is a true British heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
- Planning of the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils etc.
- Overseeing the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required.
- Preparing work schedules and completing documentation in a timely manner.
- Answering customers' questions and special requests.
- Briefing staff and checking the venue set-up before the event.
- 3-5 years of experience as banquet management, or similar managerial role.
- Proficiency in catering management software and Opera
- Ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practices
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Leadership skills to motivate and manage your team
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.