Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As F&B Hostess, you will make our guests Feel Welcome from the moment they arrive!
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain complete knowledge of: Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
- Restaurant reservation procedures
- Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP's
- Consistently offer a professional and friendly greeting, and provide engaging service
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu's, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
- Show guests their table which has been designated to them
- Ensure that the guests are pleased with their table.
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with Micros POS systems and general computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Previous experience in similar role in a 4 or 5 star hotel property.
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travellers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.