Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Bartender and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To provide prompt and courteous drink orders either taken directly from guests and patrons at the bar or through the bar servers.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read daily events to be aware of any VIP arrivals.
- Must have a complete working knowledge of bar items, ingredients and preparation
- Ensure all details of service are performed properly for every guest
- To understand and adhere to Beverage Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Change ashtrays, serve cigarettes and wipe down bar area
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and handle any problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved
- When possible greet regular guests by name and note and serve preferences accordingly
- Professionally set up bar at the start of opening, including liquor, icing, glassware, juices and garnishes
- Process drink orders in proper calling order both from guests directly and from service staff, checking for correct order and managing billing quickly and efficiently
- Make all cocktails in accordance with Hotel's standard beverage manual
- Receive and check liquor against previous shift's requisitions
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar
- Organize requisition, pick up and verification for F&B items used in the bar areas
- Ensure that the bar is fully stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
- Keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times, regularly clearing dishes and glassware
- Manage security in the work area, and at no time to leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a colleague
- Assist with cleanup - mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters, removal of melting ice in bins
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features
- Able to handle cash following established and proper Accounting procedures
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Team player with a creative and outgoing personality
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Good Food and Beverage product knowledge.
- A good knowledge of beverage service styles and techniques, beverage preparation and specialized beverage orders of service is required.
- A good knowledge of all beverages.
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 2 years food and beverage experience with detailed bar knowledge
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.