Job description / Role
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai - Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai's thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city's most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro.
Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Warmly welcoming every guest and establishing a professional connection by respectfully interacting with them and understanding their needs.
- Checking identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages.
- Serve Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess guests' needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve the guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
- Determine when a guest has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions.
- Ensure bar always will remain clean and tidy during the service and after the service.
- Clear ashtrays as and when required.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Maintain liquor, tobacco inventories and consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
- Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Social and outgoing person, with a passion for service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.