Job description / Role
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to 'Live the French way' and indulge in excellence.
- To serve guests in accordance with Sofitel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner.
- To take pride in all facets of service, quality, appearance and cleanliness, in yourself and your area of responsibility.
- To understand and adhere to Beverage Department Standard Operating Procedures and to always be looking to recommend improvements to those procedures.
- To professionally set up bar at the start of opening, including liquor, icing, glassware, juices and garnishes.
- To process drink orders in proper calling order, to check for correct number of drinks and manage billing quickly and efficiently.
- To make all cocktails in accordance with Sofitel standard beverage manual, using full standard measures
- Barman will receive and check liquor against previous shift's requisitions. Any discrepancies with the receiving order should be brought to the attention of the F&B Supervisor.
- To manage security in the work area, and at no time to leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a colleague.
- Assist with cleanup - mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters, removal of melting ice in binsoral and written.
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
- Minimum 2 years Bartending experience in a same or similar environment.
- Impeccable wine, beer and cocktail knowledge.
- Passion for Food, Beverage and providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills both
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.