Job description / Role
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
- Welcomes guests, handles the sale and provision of all bar services available.
- Manages the point of sale.
- Is responsible for setting up the bar.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Is familiar with all the hotel's services and informs guests about them.
- Increases bar revenue through additional sales techniques.
- Knows all the bar and menu products (preparation instructions).
- Ensures equipment remains in good condition.
- Organising work to suit fluctuations in numbers.
- Manages the stocks and setup for the bar in line with brand standards.
- Applies the procedures for opening and closing a point of sale.
- Provides a friendly and personal welcome for guests and is constantly attentive to their needs.
- Establishes good relations with guests, offering advice and fostering customer loyalty.
- Takes orders, serves guests and handles cash operations.
- May have to serve guests located outside the bar, maintains excellent relations with colleagues, particularly with departments close to the bar (restaurant, lobby etc).
- Promotes the bar's special offers, cocktails and full range of products.
- Helps meet the department's targets by following the preparation instructions to the letter and using the right doses, by avoiding waste and loss of merchandise and by respecting the hotel's procedures and internal audit processes.
- Helps manage stocks and inventories.
- Manages invoicing and cash operations for the services sold.
- Is responsible for the bar's cash holdings.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the \"Environment Charter\" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.