Job description / Role
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
- Welcomes guests, handles the sale and provision of all bar services available
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers' needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
- Ensure bar always will remain clean and tidy during the service and after the service.
- Clear ashtrays as and when required.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
Planning & Organizing:
- Is familiar with all the hotel's services and informs guests about them
- Increases bar revenue through additional sales techniques
- Knows all the bar and menu products (preparation instructions)
- Ensures equipment remains in good condition
- Organising work to suit fluctuations in numbers
- Manages the stocks and setup for the bar in line with brand standards
- Applies the procedures for opening and closing a point of sale
- Provides a friendly and personal welcome for guests and is constantly attentive to their needs
- Establishes good relations with guests, offering advice and fostering customer loyalty
- Takes orders, serves guests and handles cash operations
- May have to serve guests located outside the bar, maintains excellent relations with colleagues, particularly with departments close to the bar (restaurant, lobby etc)
- Promotes the bar's special offers, cocktails and full range of products
- Helps meet the department's targets by following the preparation instructions to the letter and using the right doses, by avoiding waste and loss of merchandise and by respecting the hotel's procedures and internal audit processes
- Helps manage stocks and inventories
- Manages invoicing and cash operations for the services sold
- Is responsible for the bar's cash holdings
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Knowledge in using Micros / POS system
- Experience in the hotel industry of at least 2-3 years
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.