Job description / Role
As a Bartender with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and flavours that are hallmarks of our restaurant and lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Pool & Beach Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Assist guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
• Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
• Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
• Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous bartending experience preferred on Pool & Beach.
• Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
• Previous point of sale system experience an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests