Job description / Role
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo will be designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge to be designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To provide prompt and courteous drink orders either taken directly from guests and patrons at the bar or through the bar servers.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read daily events to be aware of any VIP arrivals.
- Must have a complete working knowledge of bar items, ingredients and preparation
- Ensure all details of service are performed properly for every guest
- To understand and adhere to Beverage Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Change ashtrays, serve cigarettes and wipe down bar area
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and handle any problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved
- When possible greet regular guests by name and note and serve preferences accordingly
- Professionally set up bar at the start of opening, including beverage , icing, glassware, juices and garnishes
- Process drink orders in proper calling order both from guests directly and from service staff, checking for correct order and managing billing quickly and efficiently
- Make all beverages in accordance with Hotel's standard beverage manual
- Receive and check beverage against previous shift's requisitions
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar
- Organize requisition, pick up and verification for F&B items used in the bar areas
- Ensure that the bar is fully stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
- Keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times, regularly clearing dishes and glassware
- Manage security in the work area, and at no time to leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a colleague
- Assist with cleanup - mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters, removal of melting ice in bins
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features
- Able to handle cash following established and proper Accounting procedures
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Team player with a creative and outgoing personality
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Good Food and Beverage product knowledge.
- A good knowledge of beverage service styles and techniques, beverage preparation and specialized beverage orders of service is required.
- A good knowledge of all beverages.
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 2 years food and beverage experience with detailed bar knowledge
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.