Job description / Role
A Multi-disciplinary clinic, subsidiary of Ghobash Group, providing ABA, SLT and OT therapies, using research based interventions, combining technology experience and transparency with treatment while providing undivided personal care is looking to hire a Behavior Therapist.
Responsible For: Providing ABA Therapy
Hours/Shift Work: 48 Hours per week
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Behavior Therapist provides direct 1:1 ABA therapy and related therapy methodologies to clients. This position requires compliance with all company policies and procedures. Behavior Therapist is responsible for ensuring all goals and objectives are being implemented though session plans and data collection during each session. Additionally, Behavior Therapist is also responsible for collecting data during assessment period and preparing session plans that need to be sent for approval to the Case supervisor. Attendance of clinic meetings and participation at those meetings is also part of this role in addition to ad hoc projects/assignments (when clinical hours do not meet full time status). Behavior Therapist is responsible to assure optimal Clients’ safety during therapy and is expected to abide by infection control protocols and standard hygiene guidelines all the time while in direct contact with clients.
• Implement Applied Behavioural Analysis, Discrete Trial Therapy, Natural Environment Teaching and other related therapies to clients as per assigned cases (up to 6 hours of direct therapy per day)
• Implement Behavioural intervention protocols as instructed by the BCBA in the intervention plan
• Implement prompt and prompt fading procedures
• Implement social skills training to clients (individually or in groups) when needed
• Implement Measurement Procedures as applicable, collect data, document data, graph data and analyse child’s progress through tracking data on electronic device
• Assist with assessment procedures as authorized by BCBA
• Describe behaviour in observable and measurable terms
• Identify essential components of a written behaviour reduction plan, ABC Contingency, Functions of Behaviours, and implement Behaviour Intervention Plans as instructed
• Prepare all the material for the session ahead of time and as required
• Generate session notes after each session
• Assist the child in different settings including (self-care, toileting, feeding, grooming etc.)
• Effectively communicate with Case Supervisor/BCBA in an ongoing manner
• Actively seek clinical direction from case supervisor/BCBA in a timely manner
• Report to case supervisor / BCBA any matter that might affect the client in a timel manner
• Ensure supervisor’s feedback is incorporated into session performance and other related job duties
• Adapting to any updates/ changes made in the electronic data collection system
• Effectively communicate with team members, provide handover information precisely and in a timely manner
• Responsible for maintaining any gadgets provided by the company (broken device needs to be reported, device needs to be plugged in at the charging station, etc.)
• Participate and attend client clinic team meetings (which includes taking detailed clinic meeting minutes/notes)
• Participate and attend mandatory staff meetings
• Attend training workshops, when needed
• Attend company events as needed
• Check and respond to company emails daily
• Complete all requirements or RBT certification and maintain certification requirements
• Complete all requirements for DHCC Licensure and renewal
• Achieve mandatory Continued Professional Development CPD points that are required for DHCC License Renewal
• Assist with new therapists training on the designated cases
• Substitute absent therapist on clients’ cases when needed and when available (based on assigned schedule)
• Support client assessment needs (when needed)
• Support operations and clinical development needs of company by working on assigned special projects in any given week
• Support training needs of the staff
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field
• Valid Registration as Behaviour Therapist with Behaviour Analyst Certification Board
• Minimum two years of related work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing excellent service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted practices
Specialized Knowledge & Training:
• Registered Behavior Therapy training and successful completion of RBT exam; DHCC License (preferred
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.