Job description / Role
- To be an ambassador of the Front Office and the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To provide a personal service to all the guests, fully aware and following the hotel standards and procedures.
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay / visit being offered the finest personal service.
- To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To handle guest luggage and belongings carefully, to store them safely, avoiding damage or lost.
- To assist guests with room changes in coordination with the Front Office department.
- To deliver messages, mail, parcels, newspapers, etc. to guests and hotel departments as per departmental standards and procedures.
- To be aware of the room set ups and to inform the guests accordingly (rooming).
- To check the cars and rooms for forgotten items and to respect the Lost & Found procedures.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the work place through own responsibility.
- To properly use the supplies, equipment and to ask for requisitions accordingly.
- To assist the drivers, valet parking and doormen in the daily activity.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To read and update the logbooks and to ensure a proper handover between the shifts.
- To strictly respect the keys handling procedures.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To be aware of the hotel outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To attend a daily line up briefing with the Concierge team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub sections of the Front Office Department.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Receptionist
Easy World Automation