Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences. Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To ensure the efficient handling of guest luggage and adhering to proper check-in and check-out procedures, rostering of bellman, directing and supervising the uniform services staff and to check/maintain the cleanliness of ground floor lobby and main entrance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all guests' baggage are received and delivered promptly and properly upon arrival and departure, including baggage storage
- Be thoroughly aware of arrivals and departures of each day especially VIP's and Groups
- To assist the Doorman in supervising traffic control in the driveway during peak hours
- Do weekly schedules for bellman staff in relation to Hotel occupancy
- Conducts daily briefing and ensures that all uniformed service staff are properly instructed and properly dressed, neat, clean and tidy at all times
- Be responsible for Bellmen training (including identifying training needs)
- Ensure that all staff are fully informed and knowledgeable on hotel facilities
- Ensure that the surrounding areas in the lobby level and main entrance are clean
- Prepare newspaper orders and co-ordinate with news vendors for early delivery; instruct Bellmen in preparing and delivering them to guestrooms
- Ensuring that all equipment is in proper condition and recorded properly
- Must be fully conversant with emergency evacuation and fire procedures and ensure all uniformed staff are aware of these procedures
- Ensure the baggage room is clean and in order at all times
- Use the Duty Log to document matters of importance and brief Chief Concierge daily
- Arrange transport with the Airport Concierge and coordinate luggage
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary/High School education
- Minimum one year's experience in hospitality or customer service related industry
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.