Job description / Role
Bellman - THE8 HOTEL
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests and assist in/out of vehicles by opening doors in a gracious and courteous manner.
- Extend particular assistance to children, elderly and disabled.
- Inform guests of vehicle parking procedures, if necessary, and direct Valet Parkers accordingly.
- Attend review of daily event sheet with Bell Captain and be familiar with regular guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel facilities, updated on activities, promotions and happenings in the hotel/city to provide accurate information.
- Assist Valet Parkers in issuing valet ticket to guests.
- Direct flow of traffic at hotel driveways ensuring maximum safety.
- Coordinate with security for the strict implementation of safety procedures.
- Handle guests' luggage promptly and professionally, using safe handling techniques.
- Deputize for Bellmen when necessary in retrieving/loading guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts.
- Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items to hotel lobby.
- Ensure that all luggage's are retrieved and loaded/unloaded on to/from correct vehicle with guest.
- Always re-confirm with guests that correct number of luggage had been loaded/unloaded before allowing the vehicle to move.
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Report "Lost & Found" items.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested
- Passion for Guest Service
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.