Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Change our guests' experience by being their very first and last impression! Everything starts with a smile at Fairmont the Palm.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests and assist in/out of vehicles by opening doors in a gracious and courteous manner. Extend particular assistance to children, elderly and disabled.
- Inform guests of vehicle parking procedures, if necessary, and direct Valet Parkers accordingly.
- Attend review of daily event sheet with Bell Captain and be familiar with regular guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel facilities, updated on activities, promotions and happenings in the hotel/city to provide accurate information.
- Assist Valet Parkers in issuing valet ticket to guests.
- Direct flow of traffic at hotel driveways ensuring maximum safety.
- Coordinate with security for the strict implementation of safety procedures.
- Handle guests' luggage promptly and professionally, using safe handling techniques.
- Deputize for Bellmen when necessary in retrieving/loading guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts.
- Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items to hotel lobby.
- Ensure that all luggage's are retrieved and loaded/unloaded on to/from correct vehicle with guest. Always re-confirm with guests that correct number of luggage had been loaded/unloaded before allowing the vehicle to move.
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Report "Lost & Found" items.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested
- Passion for Guest Service
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.