Job description / Role
• Lead the towing tug and the assisting tugs for mooring of the rock barges alongside positioning barge via radio communication
• Assess the situation of the incoming barges mooring in order to avoid any delay in the mooring process
• Assess the mooring area and her adjacent area in order to set up best maneuvering track to avoid any risk of grounding
• Controlling the boat & all mooring traffic.
• Controls of harbour movements and management of all passengers to and from Abu Dhabi.
• Manage boat movements as per requirements and assist marine for all logistics requirements in the islands
• Calculate bollard pull required to any vessel movement.
• Candidates with Master / Chief Mate license can apply for this position.
• Rotation will be 2:1 ( paid on and off )
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.