Job description / Role
We are looking for BI Manager in our Group Finance team, someone who loves working with data and wants to make an impact through strategic business partnering. You will have the opportunity to define, project manage & build data-driven solutions to drive investment decisions for the wider Finance, Operation and Commercial teams.
This key member of our team will provide value as the data and analytics expert, while interfacing with senior leadership and influencing the continued success of Finance.
You will partner with cross-functional teams and the wider Finance team to build and deliver accurate visual representations of key insights, which will tell accurate and thought-provoking stories.
The ideal candidate will have a functional pedigree in financial services, combined with strong analytical, communication and technical skills, with a focus towards growth and operational efficiency.
What you'll be doing:
- Working collaboratively with the Group Data and Analytics Team, develop the data transformation plan of the Finance function in line with its strategic objectives
- Formulate and communicate 'Business Intelligence' performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Oversee the operations of the Business Intelligence, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Harness multi-source data and apply analytics to extract useful business metrics & insights
- Explore, extract, analyze and craft data-driven narratives through compelling visualizations using dashboard and BI softwares, such as Power-BI, Looker and other internal front-end systems
- Review and establish trackable KPIs, identify correlation/causality relationships and provide continuous feedback on business performance
- Partner with the FP&A team to produce accurate, timely and meaningful management dashboards
- Build cross-functional momentum for operational improvements and partner effectively with other teams
- Manage and maintain ongoing dashboards and views, and overviewing the ETL process (Extract, Transform and Load) from various sources
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of business opportunities based on historic data modeling and predictive algorithms; propose business development projects
- Evaluate digital project proposals from back-end/data perspective and consult the business internally as a subject matter expert.
- Ensure continuous alignment and drive change management across all business units/regions/segments through planning and reporting cycles
- Manage the full scope of business intelligence projects, turning data into actionable insights (growth or efficiencies) for the relevant business functions (sales, distribution, marketing, supply chain, procurement, etc.)
- Create and adapt ways of working that promote collaboration (e.g. with Tech and Data teams) and promote the delivery of actionable insights that drive business value Contribute to the creation of a data driven work culture
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Manage resources contracted from Outsourced Vendors and Freelancers
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Extensive experience in product management or technical consulting
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Plus: Master's degree in a quantitative discipline.
- MBA, Master-in-Finance or CAs, CIMA, CFAs or any relevant field.
- Relevant Certification such as Business Intelligence Certification (CPBI).
- Entrepreneurial / pioneering spirit with the vision and energy to identify and seize opportunities for innovation
- Extensive work experience in analytically demanding financial or strategic services role in Consulting, Corporate Finance or FP&A at a top tier firm
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of core financial processes
- Experience with relational database tools and coding (e.g., SQL, SQL Editor for Oracle, DAX, R, Python)
- Familiarity with data analytics and visualization software. Ideally, Power BI, LOOKER.
- Proven and effective cross-functional communication skills in a high-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven strength at integrating disparate information and understanding data trends with minimal direction
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple work streams simultaneously with limited guidance, while keeping management informed by providing proactive status updates
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.