Job description / Role
The job holder is responsible for the end-to-end completion of proposals, quotations, bids and tender responses, which are both technically and commercially compliant with the client’s specifications. The job holder collaborates with principals, manufacturers and suppliers for post order support to the customers.
• Accurately interpret client’s technical specification and produce a compliant technical proposal scope that addresses customer requirements; offering solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm
• Accurately interpret client’s commercial requirements and ensure any commercial or contractual risks to the company are identified and escalated to the Line Manager.
• Ensure proposals pricing and estimating is in line with company’s agreed strategies on sales and marketing, charge out rates and availability of engineering resource
• Act as a single point of contact for client and undertake a negotiating role when preparing cost proposals
• Arrange and take a lead role in ‘bid review’, ‘bid clarification’ and ‘sales handover’ meetings
• Coordinates closely with sales and service resources in collating accurate data for the preparation of proposals and align solution design with customers’ business requirements
• Write high quality technical and commercial documents and reports and present them to both internal and external stakeholders
• Review purchase orders with Sales to ensure compliance with the approved proposal and highlight any deviations thereof
• Work on deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Line Manager
• Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure
• Timely preparation of detailed engineering proposals for the company’s complete range of products and services
• Collaborate with principals, manufacturers and suppliers for post order support in the form of drawing submissions, ¬¬and relevant documentation to the customers while also addressing any queries / clarifications from them
• Pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced
AED 10000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Educational Qualification Requirements:
• Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering
Skills & Professional Requirements:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio and AutoCAD.
• Experience in working with CRM systems
• Experience in Proposal / Tendering role
• Experience of solution projects comprising Automation and Instrumentation in the Oil and Gas, Energy, Water/Waste Water and other process industries.
• Familiarity with Commercial/Technical review processes
• Familiarity with field instruments (Temperature, Pressure, Level & Flow) and control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC)
• In Depth technical knowledge of Solutions offerings, its integration over various communication protocols.
• Understanding of pumping industry and valves
• Experience in drawing packages such as AutoCAD and MS Visio and MS Project.
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.