Job description / Role
Project: Various projects in support of the bid department of the consultancy sector within the MENA region.
The bid manager supports the business by planning and managing the bid process and delivering tender responses in line with the company’s brand, position and processes.
The bid manager translates win strategies and business objectives into smart, compelling, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations, project managing activity through department bid plans and escalating risk to bid leader/board where required.
As a manager in the department individuals are also expected conduct market research, competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, train and coach members of the team, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify opportunities and leads.
Your responsibilities will include
Developing a bid strategy
• Evaluating tender documentation to uncover what’s important.
• Undertaking detailed client, project, scope and stakeholder or competitor research to better understand opportunities.
• Facilitating workshops with the wider bid team to share knowledge and develop a strategy.
• Building commitment to the strategy within the entire bid team (communications).
Execution of that strategy
• Basing on research/workshop - defining a strategy to win and capture/champion it.
• Creating a strategy execution plan.
• Creating an identity (graphics, tone of voice, look and feel), incorporating additional media or materials, to support that strategy.
• Creating guidance and templates to support that strategy - CV and case study templates or writing style guides.
Manage the process
• Managing the project bid by evaluating tender documents to define client requirements, deliverables, set deadlines and owners - the bid plan.
• Project planning - owning the bid programme, highlighting interdependencies and monitoring/reporting on progress.
• Attending internal progress meetings - bid kick off, booking regular progress meetings, setting the agenda and supporting the meetings.
• Attending external meetings - support the bid team through mid-bid, site and progress meetings.
• Managing inputs and outsourcing to support bid production, including 4D visualisation and external printing/ outsourcing requirements for third-party or resource planning.
Write the bid
• Answering plan/storyboard with the team to understand the question or scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for bid team to deliver in line with your strategy.
• Taking a proactive role in the writing of standard content, CVs and project profiles - closing gaps where possible by interviewing / questioning relevant parts of the business.
• Proofreading or copy editing responses to ensure compliant, compelling, benefits-driven copy.
• Taking the lead in writing compelling, factual, focused executive summaries.
Submit the bid
• Ensuring all required reviews and adjudication/sign-offs are achieved in line with Mace way.
• Taking the lead in the bid programme, ensuring content is fully compliant, quality checked to deliver a bid to deadline.
• Facilitating storyboarding of presentations.
• Creating additional supporting content - printed models, video and large-format printing.
• Coaching and rehearsing the team to ensure successful delivery.
• Capturing all new content within bid content library (aftercare).
• Recording and sharing lessons learnt and best practice.
• You have a degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline and with professional memberships in APMP or CIM.
• You have experience specifically focused on bidding and experience of working in a professional services environment, ideally built environment.
• You are digitally savvy in using Adobe InDesign and SharePoint, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You have experience translating business, brand strategy to content or communications.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
A Leading Group In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE