Job description / Role
We are currently seeking a Big Data Developer to evaluate, design, develop, test and maintain big data solutions. The primary responsibility of this role would be building large-scale data processing systems, having expertise in data modelling, processing solutions and must be able to work with the latest Big Data and NoSQL database technologies. The business is work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, and looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done and productive working independently or collaboratively.
Applications are sought from those with experience in the following key areas;
• 8 years plus total experience of which at least five years should be working experience in the Apache Hadoop framework, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark, Spark Streaming and Scala.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Big Data and batch/real-time ingestion and analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in JAVA, spring, Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
• Translates complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high performing software
• Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
• Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required.
• Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
• Having exposure on the Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Hue, Shell Scripting, Apache Pig and Python
• Architects Big Data analytics framework.
• Good understanding about Lambda architecture
• Bachelors Degree in Computer/Information Sciences
• Excellent English language skills
About the Company
Copora is a privately owned, low volume specialist recruitment agency with offices in both London and Dubai allowing us to have global reach and a strong presence across both EMEA and APAC. Our focus is our people - allowing us to be the partner of choice for recruitment solutions within the Financial Services, Technology, Management Consultancy and Legal sectors.
In an increasingly interdependent and connected world we understand that human relationships are ever more critical to business success. We are an expert team of consultants based across London and Dubai which allows our business to be the preferred recruitment agency for professionals seeking to navigate a complex market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Data Analyst
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)