Job description / Role
We are currently seeking a Big Data Developer to evaluate, design, develop, test and maintain big data solutions. The primary responsibility of this role would be building large-scale data processing systems, having expertise in data modelling, processing solutions and must be able to work with the latest Big Data and NoSQL database technologies. The business is work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, and looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done and productive working independently or collaboratively.
Applications are sought from those with experience in the following key areas;
• 8 years plus total experience of which at least five years should be working experience in the Apache Hadoop framework, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark, Spark Streaming and Scala.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Big Data and batch/real-time ingestion and analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in JAVA, spring, Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
• Translates complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high performing software
• Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
• Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required.
• Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
• Having exposure on the Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Hue, Shell Scripting, Apache Pig and Python
• Architects Big Data analytics framework.
• Good understanding about Lambda architecture
• Bachelors Degree in Computer/Information Sciences
• Excellent English language skills
About the Company
Stanley James is a privately owned recruitment business with offices in both Dubai and Cape Town allowing us to have global reach and a strong presence across EMEA and APAC. We have an expert team of recruitment specialists that are people centric, knowledgeable and driven to connect talent across all corporate functions. We are the partner of choice for SMEs, niche industry specialists and enterprises across the Technology, Financial Services, Management Consultancy, Legal, Construction & Engineering and Energy & Oil Gas sectors.
We typically recruit a wide range of skillsets across all corporate services, front/back office functions and commercial leadership teams. This includes Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, C-Level/Leadership, Business Change, Operations, Special Projects and Business Support Services.