Job description / Role
As the Production Big Data Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for supporting our Big Data Platform at customer sites after installation.
• You are responsible for providing technical thoughts, leadership and solution expertise around emerging Big Data technologies.
• You bring issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
What you’ll need
• 3-5 years of experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (warehousing, data marts, Data Lake).
• 3+ years extensive experience with Linux, with command line scripting, troubleshooting and log-handling of applications.
• Experience with one orchestration tool such as Apache Oozie or Airflow.
• Experience working with one Cloud provider, Hadoop platform such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR.
• Experience with Big Data approaches including SQL; key-value store HBase.
• Experience with program language Python; one JVM such as Scala.
• Experience with frameworks, Spark or Flink.
• Experience with ELK stack.
• Performance testing and understanding of networking concepts is desired.
Bonus if you have
• Knowledge and skills in other programming languages such as PHP, and frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and jQuery.
• Knowledge and skills in IT automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
• Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
• Knowledge and skills of application containers and webservers.
• Experience working in an Agile environment, CSD, CSM, SA, ASE.
About the Company
The TechStream Group is an award winning, multi brand, talent investor & incubator. Each of our brands focus on unique technology "streams" that are disrupting & transforming the world around us.
Each of our brands are unique to the technology market they operate within, whilst being interconnected by our "Stream" branding sequence.
We follow a proven global operating model that utilizes cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence & analytics, all supported by a shared service & innovation centre in South Africa. Our Board of Directors and Senior Management team are passionate about talent & technology and strive to deliver real client value from every brand across the full technology stack.