Job description / Role
Our client, a leading international law firm is seeking a fluent bilingual Arabic/English paralegal with Corporate experience working with the Ministries;
• Assisting with documentation and transaction management for on-shore and off-shore set-ups under general supervision of qualified fee earner.
• Communication and correspondence with clients in all matters and sourcing info from know-how records or communication with free zones or Ministries.
• Company registration for clients in free zones or Ministries which involves in correspondence and submitting documents to free zones.
• Drafting advice to clients, reviewed by relevant fee earner in relation to requirements concerning UAE visa formalities; assisting with the actual applications and submission of applications to the free zone authority.
• Communicate with free zone and other authority following up on outstanding matters and new queries.
• Reviewing proformas, checking bills prior to sending and chasing outstanding payments.
• Drafting Letter of Engagements for review by Partner.
• Completion of new client and matter opening forms for review by Partner.
• Legal research and company searches.
• Assists in preparation of translation in-house for simple documents from Arabic to English vice versa and amendments with view to reducing dependency on outside translators.
• Liaise with the Government authorities in Dubai with a broad variety of matters such as corporate, commercial, employment, disputes, legal research and drafting/reviewing documents.
• Coordinate with other fee earners in taking receipt of coorespondence/instructions regarding trademark registrations and action instructions. If the instructions are actionable using basic templates ore relate to UAE applications, provide assistance.
• Take note of any applicable deadline and 'bring up' date e.g. build in lead time necessary to undertake any work in order to meet deadline and monitor all deadlines concerning in trademark clients.
• Liaise with Ministry officials in relation to objections/oppositions for Trademark matters.
• Assists with preparation of pro forma invoices and other administration matters concerning trademark clients e.g. legalizing POAs for use in the UAE, funds on account invoices, setting up files, filing correspondence.
AED 20,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• At least a minimum of 2 years experience
• UAE experience is a must.
• Fluent Arabic/English reading, writing, speaking
• Law Degree
• Confident and enthusiastic personality
• Flexible with hours
• 'Can do' approach
• Strong attention to detail, double checks work
About the Company
Headway has a proactive approach to recruitment and the methodology we employ ensures we take the time to understand the needs of both clients and candidates to guarantee the right fit.
We aim to create open, consultative partnerships with our Clients and Candidates whilst maintaining an honest and professional approach at all times.
As a team we are ethical yet innovative; focused yet flexible; realistic yet enterprising. We believe in earning our success by working with you to create yours.
Junior Paralegal (Arabic Speaking)
Legal Secretary PA
Legal & Admin Assistant - Arabic Speaking
Swisslinx Middle East
Al Ghurair Properties
Legal Researcher / Legal Assistant
Engineering Contracting Company (ECC)