Job description / Role
Our client, a leading international law firm is seeking a fluent bilingual Arabic/English paralegal with Corporate experience working with the Ministries, must also have knowledge of setting up companies etc.
• Coordinate with other fee-earners in taking receipt of correspondence/instructions regarding trademark registrations or setting up companies and action instructions. If the instructions are actionable using basic templates or relate to UAE applications, provide assistance.
• Take note of any applicable deadline and 'bring up' date e.g. build in lead time necessary to undertake any work in order to meet deadline and monitor all deadlines;
• Seek advice from other IP fee-earners of status of matter and applicable deadline and 'bring up' date so that you can update the database;
• Send out a status report on trademark portfolio to clients;
• Liaise with Ministry officials in relation to objections/oppositions;
• Review pro forma invoices, determine with other IP fee-earners what time can be charged on a time spent basis and what time falls within fixed fee and advise when we can bill a trademark matter.
• Assists in preparation of correspondence, particularly relating to UAE applications;
• Assists with preparation of pro forma invoices and other administration matters concerning trademark clients e.g. legalizing POAs for use in the UAE, funds on account invoices, setting up files, filing correspondence; and
• Maintain database in accordance with the available recourses including record of all relevant deadlines taking into consideration that there is no proper IP database.
• Advises clients on the procedures for setting up companies, businesses and assists in preparation of correspondence;
• Assists with preparation of pro forma invoices and other administration matters concerning incorporation of off-shore Companies. legalizing POAs for use in the UAE, funds on account invoices, setting up files, filing correspondence; and
• Maintain database in accordance with the available recourses including record of all relevant deadlines.
• Assists in preparation of translation in-house for simple documents from Arabic to English vice versa and amendments with view to reducing dependency on outside translators.
• Liaise with the Government authorities in Dubai with a broad variety of matters such as corporate, commercial, employment, disputes, legal research and drafting/reviewing documents.
AED 15,000 to 21,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• At least a minimum of 2 years experience
• UAE experience is a must.
• Fluent Arabic/English reading, writing, speaking
• Law Degree
• Confident and enthusiastic personality
• Flexible with hours
• 'Can do' approach
• Strong attention to detail, double checks work
About the Company
Headway has a proactive approach to recruitment and the methodology we employ ensures we take the time to understand the needs of both clients and candidates to guarantee the right fit.
We aim to create open, consultative partnerships with our Clients and Candidates whilst maintaining an honest and professional approach at all times.
As a team we are ethical yet innovative; focused yet flexible; realistic yet enterprising. We believe in earning our success by working with you to create yours.
Legal Assistant – Financial Services
Irwin & Dow
In-House Legal Assistant
Irwin & Dow
Senior Paralegal - Arabic Speaker
Green Gulf Careers