Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Working with an international law firm, the role involves ensuring bills are raised in line with the client’s billing protocols and raised in a timely manner (initially in Elite, but eventually in SNAP). Collaboration with all finance team colleagues in the region to ensure a first class service is provided to all internal and external clients at all times. End to End Billing support for the ME offices post go-live in SNAP (the new Practice Management System). Supporting the ME with the transition from the existing Practice Management System to SNAP. Involvement in testing and training on the new system.
You will be responsible for a broad range of activities in the relevant Practice Management System, including, but not limited to:
• Active involvement in the billing process transition from the existing Practice Management System to the new system (SNAP), to include Testing, training and managing colleagues expectations with regards to the functionality available within the new system
• Preparation/review of billing proformas in accordance with instructions received from the legal teams (internal clients), ensuring that all time and costs are captured, SLA’s and billing protocols are followed and that agreed rates have been accurately reflected on all matters, resulting in the production of ‘right first time’ bills (this will be managed initially in the existing system and then within SNAP post go-live)
• Finalisation of bills within SNAP post go-live (the full end to end billing process)
• Liaison with e-billing teams and the wider finance teams to support the various client e-billing requirements
• Co-ordination and resolution of e-billing rejections
• Provision of support and guidance to the PA’s in terms of client billing protocols to ensure matters are set up correctly at the outset resulting in ‘right first time’ billing
• Close liaison with colleagues in each office to ensure that all costs are recorded on matters in a timely manner
• Ensuring all bills are raised within the monthly deadlines for both internal (inter-office) and external clients
• Support the monthly Partner WIP reviews and if required, follow all instructions received at the review and also keep track of any fee arrangements discussed
• Monitoring the level of WIP recorded on Fixed Fee arrangements and alerting partners when the fee cap is being approached
• Production of spreadsheets to assist with the tracking of the more complex fee arrangements
• Maintaining excellent financial hygiene on the WIP ledger by clearing unbillable balances on a regular basis
• Regular review of the Cost ledger to ensure that all aged costs are billed or any necessary house-keeping is carried out
• Regular reviews of zero value matters and ensuring that they are closed when matters are complete
• Proactively dealing with internal and external client queries on invoices and financial matters
• Provision of support and assistance as required to the Regional Working Capital Controller, to include support with the monthly billing forecasts, WIP audits and other ad-hoc tasks as required
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports as required to support the billing process
• Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required
• Provision of Leave cover
• Seeks to provide outstanding levels of client service at all times
• Projects a positive and professional image of the firm to clients
• Seeks opportunities to grow and share knowledge and learn about wider business activity
• Injects energy and enthusiasm into the team
• Uses initiative, anticipates what is needed and takes appropriate action
• Demonstrates confidence in own ability and resilience
• Demonstrates a wide range of soft skills, including excellent interpersonal, organisational and verbal/written communication skills
• Focuses on solutions, not problems
• Supports all firm wide initiatives
• Has a good understanding of basic computer packages including strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Preferred candidate will come from a finance background or possess a finance related qualification
• Previous experience of Elite Enterprise/SAP (or a similar Global Practice Management system) will be an advantage
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written is mandatory. Fluency in Arabic is preferable but not essential.
• Law firm experience will be desirable.
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors