Job description / Role
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Drives the strategic planning and management of CAD and BIM/Revit functions including building BIM/Revit capability, resource planning, and overall management of BIM and CAD environment, under the guidance of Project Management on site.
• Supporting on development initiatives including the planning and implementation of AutoCAD to BIM/Revit migration for a full 3D (and subsequently 4D/5D) design technology capability deployment.
• Work with the team towards implementing full BIM technology deployment on large scale projects to include 4D (scheduling & manpower) and 5D (cost analysis) using BIM models.
• As part of a multi-disciplinary project delivery team, supports with contributing actively to structure, process and compliance improvements; improves CAD/BIM work-flows, policies, procedures, processes and controls to ensure full adherence with QA/QC requirements in accordance with with Company’s ISO9001 Quality Management System.
• Drives CAD/BIM operations and performance improvement initiatives including all necessary functional, technological and operational improvements; implements best practices and standards to optimize BIM project delivery, quality and profitability.
• Recommends the adoption of new technologies, system upgrades and customizations as necessary.
• Trains, develops and coaches CAD and BIM/Revit teams and other users as necessary. Develops and maintains groupwide CAD and BIM libraries.
• Guides, supports and oversees execution of the projects on site; resolves complex technical issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture / Architecture / Civil Engineering
• 12+ years of relevant work experience in mature markets with advanced BIM practice, preferably with previous experience in landscape and/or building architectural design projects
• Ability to provide technical expertise, guidance and support to CAD and BIM team members and technicians working on projects of varying levels of complexity; ability to set technical direction to CAD/BIM work optimisation; to improve productivity and quality assurance.
• Advanced level command of AutoCAD and solid knowledge of Revit/BIM and other 3D modelling software. This includes customization of the software, writing LISP routines, macros, and programs to increase the productivity and improve the quality of the drawings
• Ability to use advanced digital 2/3D design draughting and modelling skills, creative and visual thinking, and excellent knowledge of detailed design production and delivery standards to produce detailed design submissions that can be used onsite for project construction purposes and reflect the requirements of the clients.
• CAD Software proficiency (AutoCAD / Revit-Architecture/ Navisworks / BIM 360) including advanced hands-on command of BIM/Revit as well as AutoCAD and other design technologies and software used in construction projects as well as Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
• Expert knowledge of BIM standards; ability to coach, train and develop CAD/BIM teams and upgrade companywide CAD/BIM/Revit proficiency and performance.
• Ability to work effectively as part a multi-disciplinary project team, own accountability for CAD and BIM teams deliverables and performance; demonstrate advanced project management skills
• Proven technical communication & reporting skills including reading, writing and interpretation of technical documentation, specifications and reports, proposals, technical briefs, contracts and tender documents.
Key Common Competencies:
• Accuracy, precision, excellent eye for detail
• Effective planning, organisational and execution skills
• Effective communication skills (verbal & written) in English
• Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
• Initiative & proactiveness
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage priorities and meet timelines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Client & stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
Core Management Competencies
• Team leadership
• Strategic & operational management
• Team & functional planning & administration
• People management
• Self-management & emotional intelligence
Core Corporate Competencies
• Demonstrate care & commitment
• Anticipates customer needs
• Embraces change
• Takes ownership of tasks
• Team player
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.