Job description / Role
• Work with the Biomedical Manager to develop the biomedical engineering service standards and ensure they are consistently met.
• Acting as a role model, they will deliver high operational performance standards by developing and supporting the Revenue team.
• Collaborates with all levels of interdisciplinary teams, executive officers and other stakeholders in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services.
• Performs audit on the corrective maintenance for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Maintenance Plan) MEMP.
• Monitors work performed by outside contractors to ensure requirements are met and results are documented properly.
• Responsible for repairing or servicing more complex equipment.
• Schedules device maintenance activities to minimise clinical and physical risk based on the established criteria and (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP.
• Develops Preventive Maintenance procedure for all medical devices in the hospital.
• Maintenance Strategies for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP.
• Ensures that all Preventive Maintenance are carried out as per standard.
• Performs audits on the Preventive Maintenance for all medical devices under (Medical Equipment Management Plan) MEMP.
• Typical physical demands include: a high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting and walking, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout the facility and lift up to 13 kgs.
• BS degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent program
Competent computer skills.
• Certificates of attendance showing formal training from the equipment manufacturers or independent training centers.
• 4 years of professional Biomedical Engineering experience within a major healthcare company or division of a large healthcare corporation.
• International accreditation experience.
• The ability to influence and implement change.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
• Organized and able to work methodically.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Able to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Arabic knowledge will serve as an advantage.
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.