Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire BMS Operator for one of its prestigious contract Abu Dhabi Global Market Square (ADGM) development the international financial center on Al Maryah Island, master planned and developed by Mubadala (through its designated subsidiary). Serco is responsible for the delivery of all commercial space Facilities Management services across the 530,000 mÂ² development including; Estates Management (MEP), Cleaning and Waste Management, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance, Pest Control, Site Security, Parking Services and Property Management Services.
The main purpose of the position is to be able to carry out the operation and maintenance of the BMS Systems and its associated equipment, for all of the plant and systems monitored on the site BMS.
- Monitor, control and maintain the operations of the BMS system and proactively provide intervention to diagnosis, probable faults and interruptions to service.
- Provide technical support with all MEP Projects, including supporting the design, installation, commissioning of new assets and systems.
- Participate in shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
- Liaise with technical staff, including external contractors to ensure all work programs are delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- 3 years experience in a building services / facilities management environment with 2 years of relevant experience in BMS systems technically.
- Diploma in electrical or electronics engineering discipline or equivalent
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of BMS systems throughout.
- Technically competent in monitoring the operations of BMS systems with a clear technical understanding of buildings electrical, mechanical and plant and associated equipment.
- Proven track record of maintaining leading brand BMS systems and associated equipment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.