Job description / Role
- To ensure the delivery of quality service to customers and adherence of Operational Controls. This is a Back Office role whereby suitable individuals do not need to be client facing, however you will play a pivotal role in our Branch to ensure optimal customer service is carried out by efficient management of key processes.
- Perform Pre-processing/technical checks on all cheques received in the branch
- Processing of Inward/Outward Collection cheques/Transfer Cheques
- Perform various reconciliations in the unit
- Physical reconciliation of Outward clearing Cheques ensuring appropriate escalation, management and follow-ups
- To participate in Projects within the unit where applicable.
- Maintain daily MIS of all transactions performed at the Branch Teller transactions.
We are looking for energetic individuals looking for a career with an established International Bank here in the UAE. If you speak Arabic and English and are interested in learning about Retail Banking then this could be the job for you!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- An awareness of banking products advantageous.
- Knowledge of banking practises and regulations advantageous. You will have the ability to question and challenge and to come up with new and innovative ways to manage processes within the Branch
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic essential.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.