Job description / Role
• To support the Brand Manager / Senior Brand Manager in implementing sales and marketing activities to ensure that brand awareness and image are as per the prescribed standards and meet business targets in terms of revenue and profitability
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
• Strategic Roles and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the sales / marketing plans in conjunction with the Brand Manager, principals, implement activities as per the agreed plan and carry out cost control measures to achieve the budgets
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
• Execute the annual plan for the brand/s to ensure operations/ sales are conducted within the agreed financial parameters.
• Allocate sales targets to Promoters / Beauty consultants and monitor their performance through weekly meetings to ensure achievement of the same.
• Monitor periodically, stock levels available within company and retail outlets ensuring the right mix and quantities of products and suggest/ execute stock clearance activities, as and when required
• Support BMs on launch plans of new products and implement them through promoters/ beauty consultants in retail outlets.
• Execute suitable promotions and media campaigns to gain maximum publicity and visibility for the products.
• Prepare periodic business reports for submission to the line manager as well as to the principal/s to enable them to review the status of business in the market
• Negotiate favorable locations and personalized units for displaying given brands/ products within retail outlets to ensure that merchandising standards are maintained.
• Conduct regular market visit to gather and analyze market intelligence, consumer trends and information to prepare business plans for the brand.
• Arrange for Brand training for subordinates with professional trainers to equip them with better product information and skills.
People Management Roles and Responsibilities
• Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of others. Promotes a sense of urgency and establishes and enforces individual accountability in the team.
• Works with people to establish explicit performance standards. Is completely on top of what is going on and knows where things stand.
• Provides balanced feedback at the most critical times.
• Proactively develops relationships with a wide variety of people. Builds immediate rapport, even when facing difficult or tense situations.
• Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective manner. Engages input from others constantly and listens with empathy and concern.
• Readily distinguishes between what's relevant and what's unimportant to make sense of complex situations.
• Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Analyzes multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions.
• Delivers messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. Articulates messages in a way that is broadly understandable.
• Adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders.
• Takes consistent action to develop new skills. Finds ways to apply strengths to new issues. Is aware of the skills needed to be successful in different situations and levels.
• Seeks assignments that stretch him/her beyond comfort zone.
• Decisively makes high-quality decisions, even when based on incomplete information or in the face of uncertainty.
• Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions. Skillfully separates opinions from facts. Is respected by others for displaying superior judgment.
Education/Certification and Continued Education
• Graduate Degree, preferably in the field of Sales and Marketing.
Years of Experience
• 4 to 6 years relevant experience
• At least 2 years at a Supervisory level
• Experience in the perfumes and cosmetics industry would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
• Computer Literate
• Valid UAE Driving License
• Proficient in English language, French would be an advantage.
• Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal and networking skills
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.