Job description / Role
We are a Dubai based, expat (Kiwi) owned company building brands in the Middle East. We manage the marketing, sales, distribution and finance requirements for several brands and also buy/sell products directly. We work with world leading brands and have been operating in the region since 1999, with our key personnel having worked here for over 20 years. We are a diverse team of nationalities, ages and backgrounds and together are a group of fun individuals who enjoy a relaxed working atmosphere. We are flexible and accommodating and reward good team spirit and work ethic.
Here is a great opportunity for an experienced Brand Manager with a passion for brands and the curiosity to learn more about FMCG & Food Services in Middle Eastern markets! Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have the ability to adapt and flex according to the situation and will work across multiple global brands in the Southern Cross Portfolio. As a primary focus, you will own the development and implementation of brand, communication and marketing strategy in the Middle East, encompassing all marketing initiatives, sub-contractor direction, new product launches, promotional events, online strategies, budgeting and planning. As a key member of the Southern Cross Marketing Team, the Brand Manager will take full responsibility for the presence of a Brand in the Middle East, a unique opportunity to manage all aspects of brand presence in an export market.
• Development and deployment of growth initiatives from prior to launch, through to launch and Post Implementation Review
• Project Leadership: full accountability for the leadership of allocated Innovation growth initiatives
• Communication/Activation Leadership: full accountability for the deployment of key Brand Activations delivered to market on time, and on budget.
• Grow brand awareness and achieve strategic business growth objectives in the Middle Eastern market
• Develop and execute the delivery of an annual advertising and promotional schedule for the Middle East that is aligned with strategic initiatives
• Collaborate with sales teams to develop and implement marketing strategies to support relevant sales and distributor activities
• Build strategic relationships and manage Brands on behalf of the principal company
• Develop and execute marketing plans and budgets for new product launches and other nominated events such as Tradeshows, from development of brief to tracking and reporting on ROI
The ideal candidate
• Degree qualified in Business, preferably Marketing
• Previous experience within a Brand Management role or similar
• Excellent understanding of digital marketing, channel dynamics and drivers
• Strong organisational skills, self-motivated with attention to detail, work autonomously with a track record of adherence to deadlines
• Ability to identify gaps and growth opportunities quickly
• Proven experience working with stakeholders to create a category driven approach to all activities
• Innovative Problem-Solving skills
• Proven experience building strong and influential relationships
• A sense of adventure and a genuine interest in people and the capability to work with a multi-national team in a fast-paced environment
Why Southern Cross Middle East?
• Genuine career progression, a focus on developing genuine skills to manage global business;
• Work within a tight expat team in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment
• Middle East expat benefits – flights, health insurance etc.
About the Company
A Leading International FMCG Company.