Job description / Role
Arabian Radio Network has a very exciting full-time opportunity! We are looking to hire a fun, experienced and hard working Brand Manager to join our Marketing team.
• Responsible for maintaining the brand identity across various media and promotional activity carried out by the station.
• Ensure seamless continuation of station promotional activity month on month.
• Manage the station sponsorship features by updating it as and when Programming initiate a new line up.
• Ensure the barter process and paper work is adhered to in a timely manner.
• Reporting on competitor analysis – keep abreast on both local and international radio trends.
• Responsible for disseminating all Client Confirmation Forms (CCF) on to relevant departments.
• To follow clear process of systems for internal and external workflows as set by the Senior Manager, Group Marketing and Marketing Director.
Station Prize Giveaways + Sponsorship
• Ensure all existing and new station sponsorship segments and prize giveaway mechanics/airtime are reflected in the station ONE Pager format
• Ensure all existing and new station sponsorship segments and prize giveaway mechanics/airtime and costing is sent to the entire Sales department.
• Assist in following up with sales to ensure prizes are received in a timely manner
• Ensure Sales use the Client Confirmation Form (CCF) when confirming any promotional activity
• Ensure the Client Confirmation Form (CCF) is disseminated on to all parties involved in the promotion – this includes programming, online, prizes, traffic, finance, on-ground coordinator.
• Responsible for keeping the prize cupboard stocked for at least 4 weeks worth of promotions
IPSOS survey promotions twice a year which includes:
• Major promotional activity based on a TSL or CUME strategy
• Develop and maintain a media schedule to include points of communication
• Develop and maintain a budget analysis capturing end to end costs
• Present the idea to the Sales department 5. Assist Sales in tailoring the proposal for specific clients
• Create proactive station promotions monthly which is in line with the programming strategy and key marketing message of the station
• Present proactive ideas to sales by way of email or physical presentation
• Together with Sales and Programming develop ONE trade led initiative to showcase the brand, strengthen brand equity and inspire sampling of the brand. .This is to be planned by first quarter of every calendar year
• Ensure ARN Guidelines are enforced and adhered to
• Post Campaign Reports (PCR) for all onair, on-ground and on-line activity must be submitted in a timely manner –i.e. 7 days after the end of a promo
• Work In Progress (WIP) reports to be submitted to Sr. Manager, Group Marketing every Thursday
• Twice a year to present marketing and promotional strategy to Sr. Manager, Group Marketing. To include challenges or obstacles impeding success
• Activating approved promotional + marketing strategy (including media schedules)
• Maintain and update a weekly promotional and events calendar
• Ensure administrative work and archiving of all proposals and PCR is done on a monthly basis
• Ensure you are updated weekly on the signage and inventory list
• Brief the Public Relations firm in advance on any activity set out for the calendar year or any ad hoc tactical activity
• Ensure you attend Client Solution Meetings (CSM) as and when required by the Senior Manager, Group Marketing
• Ensure live liners are updated on a daily basis or as and when necessary
• Ensure the Prize Management System (PMS) is utilized to its full extent. Backup hard copy is also required by the announcers
• Ensuring the Senior Graphic Designer is briefed thoroughly by way of a Creative Brief
• Update the brand footprint as and when necessary
• Update and archive all station profiles including show synopsis and grids
• Ensure correct formats are maintained in PowerPoint presentations, email signatures, word documents and PDF’s.
• TWO yearly generic print + online campaigns in line with the Key Marketing Message
• To plan a media schedule that covers all print/press/tv/outdoor/online well in advance – i.e. at the start of every calendar year
• Photography image bank to be ready at the start of the year. Forward planning required
• Ensure that all on-ground events have preplanned signage in order to maximize station branding. This will include end-to end ownership and delivery of all events
• Ensuring the barter workflows and processes are adhered to in a timely manner
• Ensure all signatories are received within a timely manner when submitting the PR form, Marketing Justification, Appendix 1 + 2 from the barter contract
• Ensure all commercial terms, values and airtime deliverables are reflected accurately in the barter contract
• Barter contracts and all supporting documents are to be archived in hard copy
Competitor Analysis + Project Management
• Every quarter to keep abreast on promotional and marketing activity on international radio stations
• To submit a monthly report to Senior Manager, Group Marketing about local competitor activity which include:- 1. Promotional activity 2. On-ground activity 3. On-line activity 4. Advertising activity
• Manage general ad hoc projects related to marketing and / or promotions
Internal And External Contacts
• Sales Management
• Network Management
• Market Research Department
• Senior Management
• Legal Division
• Finance Division
• 3rd Party PR company
Knowledge, Education, Work Experience
• Degree preferably in Marketing or a proven track record in the role.
• Work experience in similar capacity.
• At least 1 year of work experience in the radio industry – marketing role.
Practical Skills And / Or Abilities
• Computer Skills especially in handling Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and the Internet.
• Proficient in English and or Arabic and or Hindi/Tamil (spoken and written)
• Solid understanding of what contributes to successful marketing campaigns and creative
• Ability to manage different character types
Other Competencies Or Attributes
• Planning & Organization
• Collaborative Skills
• Communication Skills
• Problem Solving
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG) is a Dubai, United Arab Emirates, based entertainment company, a new business vertical of Dubai Holding. AMG is one of the region’s leading entertainment organisations, covering radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. With a vision inspired by innovation, AMG is positioned as an engaging premier integrated entertainment company, managing Global Village, Arabian Radio Network and Done Events. Founded in March 2005, AMG has a workforce of just under 400 staff across its two Dubai-based offices.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing and PR Manager
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
Customer Marketing Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Beverages Marketing & Brand Manager
Marketing Manager for a Professional Services Multinational